Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kornelius R. Tarigan

just because today is Kornel's birthday, I want to write about him.

his name is Kornelius Rasninta Tarigan. yes, we have a same family name but we aren't family in blood related mean. He's younger than me, 1 year to be exactly.

i knew him since our first year in Junior High, SMP Negeri1 Binjai. I was in 1-7 while he was in 1-5. That is why we weren't close before. but we became 'neighbour' in the next year, me in 2-6 and he was in 2-7.

he has smiling eyes, that will spark everytime he smiles or talks. he wasn't tall, same height as me. or maybe shorter.

the first time we spoke to each other, he said " ah, you are Tarigan too? then we are the same. I'm a Tarigan too" with that smiling eyes of him. "what's your name btw"
"I..."
"Sitkar", one of my friend cutting me.
"Sitkar? wah, that's ehm... not an average name. weird, but yeah. sitkar"
and he'll said 'sitkar' 'sitkar' everytime we met. I was annoyed because he'll called me and when I asked 'what?' he'll say nothing. only smiled with his smiling eyes.

p.s: i'm so jealous with his smiling eyes that's why i bought it time for time.

i've met his mom once. it as when we received our graduated sertificate from our junior high. and his mom told me to call her 'mom' too because I'm a Tarigan and my mom is a Sembiring, just like her. that made me and Kornel as family. he became my little brother.

the sparks in his eyes dissapeared for a whole year when he entered dorm. yeah, dorm in first year sure knew how to kill you. and he didn't that 'centil' as before. he even called me siti, not sitkar anymore :(

when finally I entered dorm in the last of our 2nd year, he welcomed me. "you came, finally", he said that. and I was happy.

he is clever. i forgot to mentioned that. once, he became 'juara umum' in our junior high. in our last year if i'm not mistaken. and he got 'unggulan B' in high school. thought I knew, he can get 'unggulan A'. but no problem.

it's so fun to study with him. he can teached you patiently without you felt 'digurui'. and when you didn't understand the subject, he'll repeated for you until you understand. some people called him 'guru', teacher. including julio. he is study in STAN now.

the last time I met was in Puncak, Bogor. that was when batch XII held our reunion. I shocked to met him. I missed him, tbh. and like I always do when I meet someone I miss, I held his hand while jumping-jumping in excitement. he was just laughing.

and now, here is my greet.
dear you my tarigan brother, happy birthday. i hope everything do well in your life. you and your family get blessed. i wish nothing but the best. forgive me if i forgot to taking care of you in our first year in high school. long last with Melli. I'm waiting for the invitation card :p we'll graduate this year, right? success. i love you in friendly way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment